ZIMBABWE AND SOUTH AFRICA
For over a hundred years the Community of the Resurrection worked in Zimbabwe and South Africa. we no longer have a priory out there, but Brethren still visit and maintain links, support the church and do various kinds of work:
- We offer support to several dioceses, finding them funding for cars, training clergy, and sending out vestments and church supplies;
- We assist with the on-going training of clergy;
- When we can we say mass in places that don't often see a priest;
- We take students from our College there on placement, and also clergy and lay people from around England whose vision of Christian life is transformed by their experience.
- We encourage clergy and lay people living under persecution and in very hard economic circumstances, and we ourselves are inspired by their example.
- We also support the charity Tariro in its work in Zimbabwe.
- We help the Anglican communities of Zimbabwean Sisters to make a better living and to recall their ideals of religious life.
Read about Fr Nicolas Stebbing CR's journey to Zimbabwe, December 2014 here. And about his more recent visit in September 2015, here.
In South Africa and Lesotho
- We send students on placement to Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- We keep in touch with small groups of Companions.
- We support theological college in Grahamstown.
- We also administer a trust fund that supports medical mission in Lesotho.